Garmin Striker 7SV Complete Review
Table Of Contents
Fishing is one of the greatest sports that anyone can take part in. Not only is it relaxing, but the feeling you get when you catch a big one is also incomparable. It is safe to say that fishing is one of the favorite pastimes of people all over the world. Plus, you get to eat your catch.
It is also an excellent way to spend quality time with your family. If you want to bond with your son or daughter, this sport is the best getaway where you are alone with the person and can enjoy a good long talk.
There are also various fishing competitions held, which can be in either the sea or a lake. If you want to win such a competition, you need to know where the big fish are hiding. Unless you have a piece of technology to help you find the fish, it is almost impossible to locate where they can be hiding.
So, what can you use to help locate fish? One of the ultimate products to use in such a case is a sonar device. The device is designed in a way to check the location of schools and lone fish with the help of frequency.
There are many such gadgets available and for good prices, but why not invest in a product that also helps you with the location of your boat and guides you back to land? One such device that offers both these features (and more) is the Garmin Striker 7SV.
The product is a small sonar device which can easily be fitted on your boat. It will help you find the location of the fish and will assist you with driving your boat and locating your position on the water.
Clear Sonar Scanning
If you are about to invest in a gadget that helps you find fish, it is wise to buy one that comes with a high frequency. The higher the frequency it can emit, the clearer the scanning process will be. The Garmin Striker 7SV is a device that offers such a feature, as it comes with a high-frequency sonar.
Due to this aspect, you will be able to locate the position of the fish and even the land at a much faster and accurate rate. It will also be a lot clearer; you will be able to tell exactly where to throw the line or the net to catch the fish below. With this device, the chances are that you will be able to catch the best fish out of the lot as it also gives you pictures of objects below the water.
Technically, this device gives you the ability to see inside the water and make fishing easier and a more enjoyable experience as you will be able to pick out the best fish. The device can also tell the structure of the fish and give detailed representations of almost everything around your boat.
Simplicity at Its Best
Many such devices that you find are extremely complicated. They have too many buttons which makes it confusing to operate. In the end, you spend more time understanding and working with the device than you do with the actual fishing, eliminating the fun out of the entire experience.
However, the buttons and interface of this gadget are very user-friendly. Using it would prove to be as easy as turning on a switch. Each button is dedicated to a specific task. Yes, you will need to go through the manual to understand the purpose of each button, but you will get the hang of it in a matter of minutes.
Installing the device is not difficult either. There’s only a few steps that you need to follow, and the device will be installed and ready for use in no time. Once the entire process is done, you can set it as per your needs and use the device as you like.
• The product is simple and easy to use with a friendly user interface. You will need to go through the manual once to understand how it works.
• It is available in different screen sizes (STRIKER 4cv, 5cv, 7cv, 7sv) : 3.5 inches, 5 inches, and 7 inches. Make sure you choose the one that best suits your boat’s size and your requirements.
• It comes with a high frequency which allows it to use clear scanning sonar, resulting in more accurate images and the ability to find an object at a greater distance.
• You also get a way point map with the device. This feature gives you the map which you can mark according to where you are and need to go. It also allows you to navigate much more quickly and accurately and get to the point where you need to go. With the help of this feature, you can also locate various docks, piles, and stumps.
• It includes CHIRP sonar as well. This sonar continuously sends a sweep of frequencies which allows you to get more information about the objects located around you. With this, you will be able to get your target on point as soon as it separates. It will also give a clear fish arch which will help you locate the best catch.
• There is a built-in flasher available for use which allows you to view the data of the sonar in a flasher format. The feature will come in very handy if you plan on going vertical jigging or ice fishing.
Compared to Other Models
|Garmin Striker 7SV||Garmin Striker 7CV||Garmin Echomap Chirp 73SV|
|Screen||7″ (800×480)||7″ (800×480)||7" (800×480)|
|Sonar||50/77/200 kHz||50/77/200kHz||50/77/200 kHz|
|Check on Amazon||Check on Amazon||Check on Amazon|
Customers’ Reviews and Conclusion
The Garmin Striker 7SV has received a high customer rating of 3.7 out of 5. Customers love the quality of the product and the number of features that it provides. Its ability to detect fish and objects at a high frequency has made it a winner among competitive people.
The only downside of the product is the price, as it is quite expensive. However, considering the features that this product provides and the quality of its data, this is a great investment to make if you are into serious fishing. Hence, if you are looking for a product that helps you find the biggest catch, the Garmin Striker 7SV can be your best bet.